Title: Senior Director, Film/Television/Visual Media
Department: 61-Cinema/Television & Visual Media
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Jobs : 1
Base salary: Competitive in the market
Minimum years of experience: 5
Other salary: Base salary , Annual bonus
Travel required: 25%
Moving covered: Depends on position
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain and build relationships with film/television composers by performing the following duties, either personally or under the direction of others.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California office. BMI returned to work in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. Currently, most team members are expected to be in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions on future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19, as employee safety is our priority.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with composers, publishers and music industry executives and professionals in film, television and visual media.
- Represent BMI by acting as an advisor to music organizations, community groups and at all industry related events.
- Serve as a spokesperson for BMI at various industry panels, events, universities, music education forums, and cross-industry initiatives, in the United States and internationally by educating the music community on the role and function of BMI.
- Maintain and expand BMI’s presence in foreign markets by attending film festivals, conferences and industry events outside of the United States.
- Develops relationships with up-and-coming composers, songwriters, film/television music directors, artists, filmmakers and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
- Actively pursues acquisition of more established composers, to increase BMI’s market share.
- Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and the impact of these issues on BMI songwriters.
- Supervises and manages the position of assistant for the film and television department.
- Analyzes affiliate royalty revenue, catalogs of works, and future visual media projects to provide projections for advances and transactions.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of BMI’s policies and practices, including relevant aspects of membership and royalty distribution.
- Speak to colleges and universities to educate them on PRO activities and highlight BMI.
- Provide an understanding of new media royalties as the spectrum of licensed platforms expands and changes in today’s music landscape for visual media.
- Act as a social media ambassador to promote BMI events and affiliate achievements through BMI social media channels.
- Work with the Licensing team on the evolving video game payment methodology landscape and conduct any research in the department necessary to facilitate video game distributions.
- Collaborate with corporate communications teams on web assets, articles, and YouTube videos to showcase composers and songwriters.
- Explains in detail the services BMI provides to Affiliates by responding to Affiliate inquiries about BMI’s policies, practices and royalty payments with a working understanding of BMI’s distribution system and the ability to assess royalty statements.
- Provide a knowledge base of licensing and placements for songwriters in visual media as a viable source of income.
- Coordinate the production of the BMI Film/TV Awards show, focusing on acquiring audio/video clips, delivering content to the post-production house, editing and transferring discs to the technical team for awards night.
- Regular attendance.
- Other assigned tasks.
- Supports our BMI core values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of music industry experience in a related field
- Able to build a constructive and informative relationship with a diverse population of employees, BMI management (both locally and nationally), writers and editors
- Proficiency in the film, television and visual media industry and analysis for research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated by ease in presenting work and actively gathering feedback.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing teams of people.
- Motivated and eager to expand their knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working and maintaining database and reporting systems, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and with good judgment
- Available to travel domestically and internationally as assigned.
What we offer you:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Paid Sick/Personal Leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid voluntary leave
- Summer hours that provide more time for fun in the sun
- Company paid life insurance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance for qualified team members
- Commuter Benefits (New York)
- Amazing and engaging culture
- Employee Resource Groups
Team members who are expected to work at BMI offices, travel on business, or interact with the public on BMI’s behalf must show proof of vaccination, unless contrary to state regulations or reasonable accommodation is required. requested and approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will enjoy equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation , gender identity and/or expression, veteran or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.